Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Fresh Details

I'm probably going to have my son or daughter whip up some quick sprites for the first iteration. Maybe late into the prototyping, I might try mixing up the dress of the sprites.

I'll only be using a small number of Georges Polti plots to work from. A later iteration will all these to be combined into sub-plots. Even farther on, I'll apply the tension scaling factor. Having more plots factors up how much work it will take. The primary reason for this test is to settle on some habits for when I scale up to the whole list of 37.

An interesting problem I'm having at the start is how to involve 'you' in the plot. It isn't as simple as randomly placing you in the triad, you have to suit the position and harder still, you must be 'introduced' to it by the sprites. For example; it wouldn't work for you to be the father of the missing daughter in a kidnap plot; nor could you be the unwitting kidnapper. (Or maybe you could?)

What I'll mostly be working on at this stage is 'skinning' the dialogue, Mad-Libs style. I need to figure out how to set up the array of possible lines based on who is speaking them, what plot is involved and who 'you' play.

In other big news, we are reformulating the mystic aspects of the imps. We're going for fewer. (Rather than 35!)

See you 14!

F

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home