Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Big News!

Boy, progress on this project is anything but linear.

Big News!

I finally brainstormed a small-scale test that plays upon my own preferences. I'm going to put up a version of the MMORPG browser. I'm going to model it on...wait for it!



Six sprites walking in only four directions. Click to move. Maybe a 'talk' ani in two directions. Six props that can be pasted (cleverly) onto these sprites (Disgaea style). I can even start with a simple two-dimensional play area (which is quite limited).

Then I can start scaling up. First walls, then furniture, in the setting department. I can add expressions for all the sprites and begin fluffing the chat part. Then I can create the rest of the browser screen.

Perhaps, by then, I can get people to help with graphics and maps. Who knows.

The two best things about this mode is that I can perform alpha testing for crucial feedback (not working in the dark until it's debugged) and it's a game that I really like (and will be attracted to succeeding at as well as have fun playing millions of times).

Email me if you have any suggestions, no matter how small, trivial or overwhelming at DevilsAdvocacy (at the big) gMail (period) C0M.

Fang

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home